All sixth grade students will participate in outdoor education at Camp Nuhop in October. This will be a day camp only. The student day will be extended to allow for all of the planned activities. Students will not spend the night. The session of camp that students attend will be determined by the name of the science teacher on their schedule.
Camp Nuhop Dates:
- Mr. Harlan's students will attend Camp Nuhop 10/19 and 10/20.
- Ms. Michael's students will attend Camp Nuhop 10/30 and 10/31.
We will hold a Butter Braid fundraiser to help families cover the cost of camp.
- Butter Braid Kick-Off-September 5
- Dates of Sale-September 5-19
- Butter Braid Delivery-October 10 from 2:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. Please pick up your order from AMS cafetorium during these hours. ( Students may take small orders home from school.)
- Nuhop Parent Meeting at AMS Cafetroium-September 26 at 6:00 p.m. (Students should not attend. Students will receive their information during the day).
- Special diet information must be emailed to camp-September 26
- Deadline for Nuhop forms to be submitted online-October 13
- Camp money turned in-on or before-October 13
The amount for tuition is $50.00/day. ($100 per student). Participation in our Butter Braid fundraiser will decrease or eliminate the price you will pay for camp attendance. A portion of each item you sell will be applied to your individual tuition balance. ($6.00 per item)
Deadline for prescription medications to be turned into Mr. Harlan or Ms Michael. 10/13 for Mr. Harlan's class and 10/27 for Ms. Michael. Please turn in before these deadlines if possible. Contact Mr. Harlan or Ms. Michael if it is not possible to send medication by these dates. Directions for sending medication to camp will be online.
Outdoor education is a valuable experience for our students. Please support our efforts to provide a great experience for your child.